Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Sherlock (In Case You're Not Sick of Hearing About it Yet)

I have just finished chapter 5 of Nigel Cawthorne's "Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Guide to the World's Most Famous Detective".
[Insert cheering crowd]
The entire chapter was dedicated to summarizing "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" and did a marvelous job of spoiling the stories I haven't had the time to read yet.
[Insert cheering crowd]
I won't bore you with details (or spoilers), but I actually like reading this. The first few chapters had several facts about the Conan Doyle I didn't know before and really put into light all the trouble he went through to get some of his stories published. The next few (which I'm currently in the middle of) describe all of Sherlock and Watson's adventures together and, in a few cases, point out a lot of things I missed while reading (see? This is why it's important to reflect on stories). Even though the book itself doesn't tell a real tale I'm still excited to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment